Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ignite

Without inspiration, the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.
-Johann Gottfried Von Herder

I think this quote says so much in so little words. As I look back in my life, I have come into contact with so many people that have had so many dreams and goals, yet they never did anything other than talk about them.  I talk with guys and girls all the time, and they tell me they wish they could do this or they want to do that. I find myself in that same position a lot of times. I say things, but I don't do anything about it. The only person that stops things from happening a lot of times is you. Becoming inspired happens to different people in different ways.  For some, it comes through another person.  For others, it comes through reading something. For me, it comes through Jesus Christ! Each one of us has something within us that is more powerful than we could ever think. What would have happened if Alexander Graham Bell had let his thoughts remain dormant? What about Martin Luther King? Billy Graham? Thomas Edison? And most importantly Jesus Christ? Having a thought is one thing. Putting those thoughts into action is another!

Want to share YOUR story with Tyson or ask him a question? Email your story or question to asktyson@tysonplee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment