Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Righteous When Removed

I hope you were able to participate in yesterday's blog, and I hope it was a great day for you! I was able to call a friend of mine from Junior College and we were able to catch up with one another since it had been a while since we last talked.  Have you ever wondered why people go down certain paths? Why people make certain decisions? Why people do some of the things they do? I know there are times in my life when I think those things in my mind.  So, if we both think those things, what can we do to change that? Thinking about those things is not necessarily a bad thing, it is what we do after we have thought about it that means something.  Many times, it is easy to be righteous or perfect when we are not in a situation.  For example, if a person makes a bad decision or does something wrong in our eyes, we immediately think to ourselves "what is wrong with that person" or "have they lost their mind" and many other thoughts have come to my mind as well.  But, one thing I have found is if we will all take the time to put ourselves in the shoes or lives of another person, we are able to identify with them and understand them on a deeper level.  We may not completely understand the situation, the decision, or what happened, but at least by putting ourselves in their shoes, we allow ourselves the opportunity to be more sympathetic and understanding.  It is easy for us to say what we would do or what someone else should do, but what if it were really you at that moment? Would you still feel the same? I challenge you to put yourself in the shoes of others and see how it helps you view life.  Being righteous is easy when we are removed from a situation, but what if we are in it?

Romans 3:21-23

Want to share YOUR story with Tyson or ask him a question? Email your story or question to asktyson@tysonplee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment