Monday, February 7, 2011

Sports

I hope all of you had a great weekend and enjoyed the Super Bowl last night! I had the opportunity to do a Disciple Now for Mount Vernon church, and I also had the opportunity to talk at Forrest Baptist Church during halftime of the game. It was a busy weekend, but I had a blast. I heard over 100 million people watched the game last night, and I started to think about the role sports plays in society. I love football as much if not more than most people I know, but I also know sports are only a part of life.  Actually, a very small part of life. What I love about sports are the lessons it can teach in life. Discipline. Determination. Responsibility. Perseverance. All of these words come to my mind when I think about sports and what it offers. Although I believe sports can offer many benefits to the participants, as well as the spectators, I believe there are quite a few limitations as well. Because sport has taken such a big role in society, the athletes are looked at as objects rather than people. I think we have to be careful when we think of sports and where they fit in our lives. Is it the number one priority? The same guys that are on tv, in newspapers, and in magazines, are the same guys that will eventually have to get a job and become a regular "ole Joe" one day. I want you to think about the role sports plays in your life or maybe the lives of your children.

to share YOUR story with Tyson or ask him a question? Email your story or question to asktyson@tysonplee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment